Summer Skincare Tips
When warmer temperatures roll in, that means it’s time to switch up your skincare routine. Here are six summer skincare tips you should add into your routine for healthy, glowing skin.
- Apply and reapply sunscreen. It’s important to apply your sunscreen 15-20 minutes before your leave the house because it doesn’t start working immediately. Give it time to absorb into your skin and start working. We like Prime and Defend Broad Spectrum by Societe – it’s SPF30, good for all skin types, and acts as a primer to help your makeup apply smoother. Watch our video featuring Ashley with more sunscreen tips!
- Swap out heavy creams and serums. Lighten up a bit! Thanks to the heavy humidity and heat, you can switch over to lighter creams and serums for the summer. One that we love is Skinceuticals Hydrating B5.
- Stay hydrated. How much water are you drinking daily? Keep a big, reusable bottle of water with you throughout the day so you’re never low on H2O. You can even set a timer to go off every hour as a reminder to drink up. Staying hydrated will help maintain your skin’s elasticity and combat the appearance of wrinkles.
- Use your Vitamin C. In addition to SPF, Vitamin C should be your summer skincare BFF. Apply it in the morning with your SPF and it will help add another layer of protection by fighting against environmental aggressors such as UV, IR, and pollution. Bonus – it also helps stimulate collagen production. We like using Skinceuticals Vitamin CE Ferulic.
- Exfoliate. While we always want to remind you not to over-exfoliate, in the summertime you should be exfoliating 1-2 times per week. In the winter your skin can be dry and flaky, but thanks to summer’s humidity your skin can be less sensitive and ready for exfoliation. Try using Skinceuticals Micropolish for a summer glow.
- Don’t forget your lips! So many people overlook their lips when it comes to skincare and sun protection. Your lips are still prone to sunburn! We love Skinceuticals Antioxidant Lip Repair to help improve environmental damage while smoothing and refining your lips’ surface.